A sentence whose only function is to state something is known as an Assertive sentence. In other words, this type of sentence declares or asserts something to the listener or reader. They usually end with a full stop (.).
In this post, you will find the top 100+ Examples of Assertive Sentences.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #1
- India is an independent country.
- People of various communities live in the USA.
- The earth is round.
- Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.
- The Mona Lisa is a famous painting.
- The Eiffel Tower is located in Paris.
- The pyramids of Egypt are ancient wonders of the world.
- The sun rises in the east.
- Ancient Greece was the pride of Europe.
- George Washington was the first President of the USA.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #2
- He isn’t interested in politics.
- The movie didn’t meet my expectations.
- No man can live forever.
- The sun does not revolve around the Earth.
- She doesn’t speak Spanish fluently.
- l am not afraid of death.
- There is no gain without pain.
- There is no cloud in the sky.
- Do not run in the sun,
- Do not play with fire.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #3
- She always arrives late to meetings.
- The baby is crying for attention.
- The restaurant serves delicious Italian food.
- The sky is cloudless.
- This woman is quite innocent,
- Lisa is unwell.
- The flowers in the garden are blooming beautifully.
- I am out of this project now.
- John failed to come in time.
- I can hardly read a line of Spanish.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #4
- Did she pass the exam? No, she didn’t.
- Are you allergic to peanuts? No, I’m not.
- Have they finished the project yet? No, they haven’t.
- Does your friend play any musical instruments? No, he doesn’t.
- Did you buy the tickets for the concert? No, I didn’t.
- Is it going to rain tomorrow? No, it isn’t.
- Have you ever been to New York City? No, I haven’t.
- Do they offer a vegetarian menu at the restaurant? No, they don’t.
- Are the trains running on time today? No, they aren’t.
- Did you see the article in the newspaper? No, I didn’t.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #5
As a negative determiner
- No student passed the test.
- No one was at the party.
- No cars were parked in the lot.
- No money was left in the account.
- No food was left in the refrigerator.
- No trees were planted in the park.
- No dogs were barking in the neighbourhood.
- No chairs were available in the waiting room.
- No clouds were in the sky.
- No one answered the phone.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #6
Fewer, less, more, better
- I try to eat less sugar to maintain a healthy diet.
- He needs more practice to improve his basketball skills.
- She is better at writing than her brother.
- Fewer than half of the applicants were selected for the job.
- He has less time to study now that he has a part-time job.
- I want more information about the program before I make a decision.
- The store has fewer items on sale this week.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #7
No use, no good, no matter, no more than, no one, nobody
- No use crying over spilt milk.
- The broken vase is no good to anyone now.
- No matter how hard he tries, he can’t seem to get ahead.
- The new car is no more than a year old.
- No one can deny the importance of education.
- Nobody knows what the future holds.
- No matter how many times I ask, he won’t tell me the truth.
- Nobody said achieving success would be easy.
- No one but you can save him from ruin.
- Nobody cared about his fate.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #8
Many, more, much, enough, a few, the least, a little, only, the same, another
- Not many students were present in the class.
- Not more than three hours flight took him to New York.
- Not much is heard about her these days.
- Many people enjoy spending time outdoors.
- Much of the food at the party was left uneaten.
- A few students were absent from class today.
- A little bit of exercise each day can improve your health.
- Only a select few were invited to the exclusive event.
- The same rules apply to everyone, regardless of their position.
- He was not only a lawyer but also a writer of a high calibre.
Examples of Assertive Sentence Type #9
- There is no cloud in the sky.
- There is a school in this village,
- There are many boys in this class.
- There are many trees in this garden.
- There is no tea in the cup,
- There is no water in the pond.
- There are three bedrooms in this apartment.
- There is a park near my house.
- There were a lot of people at the concert last night.
- There are several restaurants in this area.
- Is there a temple there?
- There are five rivers there.
- There is a library in our school.
- Was there no cloud in the sky?
- Will there be a public holiday tomorrow?
- There is an airport in Delhi.
More Examples Coming Soon………………..
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Chapters Updated 😍😍