A sentence that contains both an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses is called a complex sentence.
The following sentences are examples of complex sentences because they contain an independent clause and at least one dependent clause joined together by subordinating conjunctions such as “since,” “although,” “when,” “because,” “if,” “while,” “after,” “though,” “as soon as,” “unless,” and “despite.”
Examples of Complex Sentences
Following are some important examples of Complex Sentences…………..
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
- As she was driving, she saw a deer run across the road.
- Despite the rain, we decided to go on our hike as planned.
- Unless you study for the test, you won’t do well.
- Because he’s allergic to peanuts, he can’t eat anything with peanut butter.
- If I don’t leave now, I’ll be late for my meeting.
- While I was at work, my dog tore up my couch.
- After I finish my homework, I’ll watch a movie.
- Though I’m not a morning person, I woke up early today.
- As soon as I heard the news, I called my family to tell them.
- If you’re feeling sick, you should stay home from work.
- Since I don’t have a car, I have to take the bus to get around.
- Despite her busy schedule, she always makes time for her friends.
- Unless it stops raining, we won’t be able to go on our picnic.
- Although I’ve never been to Europe, I hope to visit someday.
- When I was younger, I used to play the piano every day.
- Because she studied hard, she got an A on the test.
- If you’re not careful, you could hurt yourself.
- While I was cooking dinner, I burnt the chicken.
- After I finish my work, I’ll go for a walk outside.
- Though it was difficult, she finally finished the project.
- If you want to improve your writing, you should read more.
- Since I have a lot of work to do, I won’t be able to go out tonight.
- Despite the traffic, we arrived at the concert on time.
- Unless you ask for help, you won’t be able to finish the project.
- Although I love ice cream, I can’t eat it because I’m lactose intolerant.
- When the doorbell rang, the dog started barking loudly.
- Because it’s a holiday, the store is closed today.
- If you’re not sure, you should ask someone for clarification.
- While I was walking in the park, I saw a butterfly.
- After she finished her shift, she went to the gym to work out.
- Though it’s expensive, I’m going to buy it because I really want it.
- If you’re feeling sad, you should talk to someone about it.
- Since I’m on a diet, I can’t eat dessert.
- Despite the cold weather, I went for a run outside.
- Unless you practice every day, you won’t get better at playing the guitar.
- Although it’s late, I’m going to stay up and watch the movie.
- When I’m stressed, I like to take a hot bath.
- Because I was running late, I forgot my phone at home.
- If you don’t have time to cook, you can order food online.
- While I was shopping at the mall, I saw my friend.
- After I finish this project, I’m going to take a break.
- Though I don’t like vegetables, I know they’re good for me.
- Although she had studied all night, she still felt unprepared for the exam.
- The dog barked loudly until its owner returned home.
- After I finish this project, I plan to take a vacation.
- Even though the movie received mixed reviews, it still made a lot of money at the box office.
- In spite of the traffic, we arrived at our destination on time.
- Because the weather was so nice, we decided to go for a walk in the park.
- The teacher explained the lesson thoroughly so that all of the students could understand it.
- Since I don’t have a car, I take the bus to work every day.
- Unless you practice every day, you won’t be able to improve your skills.
- Although he was tired, he decided to stay up late to finish his work.
More Examples of Complex Sentences Coming Soon………………
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍