A preposition is a word which is generally used before a noun or a pronoun and shows its relation with other words in a sentence.
After going through this post, you will be able to understand the Prepositions of Place.
Prepositions of Place
IN Prepositions of Place
- She lives in London.
- The cat is sleeping in the basket.
- The children are playing in the park.
- My wallet is in my backpack.
- The books are in the library.
- The food is in the fridge.
- The painting is hanging in the museum.
AT Prepositions of Place
- We waited at the corner of the street.
- She is at school.
- I’ll meet you at the restaurant.
- We will have a party at the park.
- She is waiting for you at the bus stop.
- The conference will take place at the hotel.
ON Prepositions of Place
- Look at the picture on the wall.
- The book is on the table.
- The picture is hanging on the wall.
- The phone is on the desk.
- The mug is on the coaster.
- The hat is on the rack.
- The ship is sailing on the ocean.
BEHIND Prepositions of Place
- She stood behind me.
- The post office is behind our house.
- The car is parked behind the building.
- The cat is hiding behind the couch.
- The children are playing behind the school.
BY Prepositions of Place
- We sat by the fire.
- There is a Post Office by my house.
- The bicycle is parked by the tree.
- The cat is sitting by the window.
- The restaurant is by the river.
- The book is by the lamp on the table.
- The car is passing by the bridge.
ABOVE Prepositions of Place
- The bird is flying above the clouds.
- The aeroplane is flying above the city.
- The stars are above us.
- The helicopter is hovering above the building.
- The roof is above our heads.
OVER Prepositions of Place
- The plane is flying over the ocean.
- The bridge is over the river.
- The roof is over our heads.
- The helicopter is hovering over the city.
- The kite is flying over the park.
- The clouds are over the mountain.
UNDER Prepositions of Place
- They rested under a tree for some time.
- The dog is under the table.
- The cat is hiding under the bed.
- The boat is sailing under the bridge.
- The roots of the tree are under the ground.
- The fish is swimming under the water.
BELOW Prepositions of Place
- Just below the paragraph, there are some questions.
- The submarine is diving below the surface of the ocean.
- The fish are swimming below the water’s surface.
- The roots of the tree are below the ground.
- The magma is flowing below the Earth’s crust.
- The treasure is buried below the sand.
BESIDE Prepositions of Place
- The book is beside the lamp on the table.
- The bicycle is parked beside the garage.
- The man is walking beside his dog.
- The woman is sitting beside her husband.
- The car is parked beside the curb.
- The restaurant is located beside the movie theatre.
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍