A preposition is a word which is generally used before a noun or a pronoun and shows its relation with other words in a sentence.
In this post, you will find the top 85+ examples of prepositions of place.
Examples of Prepositions of Place
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 1
- She lives in Delhi.
- There’s not a cloud in the sky.
- The children are playing in the street.
- She is sitting in a chair.
- He is in the shop.
- My brother lives in Calcutta.
- There was a famine in the Burdwan district last year.
- There is a big temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in our village.
- There is a museum in Calcutta.
- There lived a juggler in this village.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 2
- We waited at the corner of the street.
- She is at school.
- They live at Mahimpur.
- I saw the pictures at my uncle’s house.
- He was born at Radhanagar, a village in Hooghly.
- Kamal is at Krishnagar now.
- Sunrise is more enjoyable at Puri than in Mumbai.
- He resides at 50, Deshbandhu Road.
- He is at the shop.Rajkamal lives at Garia.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 3
- Look at the picture on the wall.
- There are dirty marks on the floor.
- Leave the glasses on the table.
- They sat on the grass.
- We stood on one foot.
- He had a blister on his foot.
- He wore a ring on his finger.
- There is a coat on a hook.
- They sat on a chair.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 4
- He stood before her in the queue.
- We knelt before the shrine.
- Your name comes before mine on the list.
- The task before us is not an easy one.
- The future before me is bleak.
- He was brought before the police officer.
- “He said it before witnesses.”
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 5
- She stood behind me.
- The post office is behind our house.
- Hide behind the tree.
- The sun is hidden behind the clouds.
- Bring out the deeper meaning behind the passage.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 6
- We sat by the fire.
- She sat by me.
- There is a Post Office by my house.
- She was sitting by Nikhil.
- There is a Bank by my house.
- We were sitting by the fire.
- There is a school by our Hanuman Temple.
- The telephone is by the Window.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 7
- Man is above all.
- There is a fan above my head.
- The sky above our heads is blue.
- He held an umbrella above her.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 8
- Spread the cloth over the table.
- She put a rug over the sleeping boy.
- There is a fan over my head.
- The sky over our heads is blue.
- He held an umbrella over her.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 9
- They rested under a tree for some time.
- The dog is under the table.
- His luggage was under his bed.
- The wreck of the Titanic still remains under the sea.
- He hides the money under the bed.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 10
- Just below the paragraph, there are some questions.
- There was a big painting below the clock.
- The apartment below is owned by an Indian couple.
- Just below the questions, there are answers.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Type 11
- They were walking beside the river.
- Who is that sitting beside you?
- There stands a big pupil tree beside our house.
Examples of Prepositions of Place #Miscellaneous
- Is there anybody in the room?
- The thief was caught red-handed inside the room.
- Suddenly I met him in the street.
- The prince was then passing through a forest.
- Who is speaking there in (within) the room?
- We went very close to Pareshnath Hill.
- There is a stream close to our house.
- A bird was perching on the branch of a tree.
- A troop of monkeys sat on a branch of a tree.
- The man walked round the house.
- The boat sailed down the river.
- This road goes through the forest.
- They are moving around college street.
- We sat beneath the tree.
- I have put on a vest beneath the shirt.
- Stand beside your father.
- The road is along the river.
- The man is standing beneath the tree.
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Chapters Updated 😍😍