Some sentences are spoken to convey a request or a command. Such sentences are known as imperative sentences.
These sentences can either end with a full stop or an exclamation mark (!). It depends on how the sentence is expressed. Many imperative sentences begin with a verb rather than a noun.
In this post, you will find the top 100+ Examples of Imperative Sentences.
Examples of Imperative Sentences
- Please maintain silence. (request)
- Leave my office now! (command)
- Open the windows and let the air come in. (command)
- Please tell me where the bank is. (request)
- Pardon me. (request)
- Brush your teeth twice a day. (command)
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #1
- Always speak the truth.
- Obey your elders.
- Practice gratitude and mindfulness daily.
- Learn something new every day.
- Stay curious and open-minded.
- Serve your nation.
- Show sympathy for the poor.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Help others in need whenever possible.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Please sit down here.
- Respect other people’s opinions.
- Believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Follow your dreams and passions.
- Stay positive and optimistic.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #2
- Do not run in the sun.
- Do not talk while the elder is speaking.
- Do not go there.
- Do not miss this opportunity.
- Do not waste your time on things that don’t matter.
- Do not disturb us.
- Do not judge others before
- Don’t give up on your ambitions.
- Don’t be afraid to attempt new things or take risks.
- Don’t be impolite or disrespectful to others.
- Do not compare yourself to others or their accomplishments.
- Don’t disregard your physical or mental well-being.
- Don’t let negative ideas take over.
- Do not do it all at once.
- Never listen to her words.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #3
- Let me know if you need any help.
- Let us go.
- Let her make her own decision.
- Let her do the work herself.
- Let them mind their own business.
- Let them choose their own path.
- Let him pursue his own interest and passion.
- Let people do their duties.
- Let them handle their own problem.
- Let us have a morning walk in the fresh air.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #4
- The doctor advised me to rest and drink plenty of fluids.
- My parents forbade me from watching TV before finishing my homework.
- The teacher instructed the students to complete the assignment in groups of three.
- She requested that her colleagues refrain from using strong perfumes in the office.
- The financial advisor advised his client to invest in a diverse range of stocks.
- The school forbade students from bringing mobile phones to class.
- The coach instructed the team to practice their passing skills.
- The client requested that the designer use blue and green tones in the logo.
- The company forbade employees from discussing confidential information outside of work.
- The chef instructed the new cooks on how to prepare the signature dish.
- I forbade my brother to run in the sun.
- The teacher advised me not to waste time.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #5
- The inspector ordered the constable to let the man go.
- John suggested that they should arrange a Christmas party.
- The teacher urged that no one should tell a lie.
- Peter ordered the man to leave the office at once.
- The teacher told his pupils to go out.
- Mother urged me to go to school at once.
- The boss commanded the employees to work overtime to finish the project.
- The doctor instructed the patient to take the medicine after meals.
- The trainer ordered the team to run five laps around the field.
- The librarian reminded the students to return their books on time.
- The supervisor demanded that the worker wear safety gear while operating the machinery.
- The coach urged the players to give their best effort in the championship game.
- The police officer warned the driver to slow down and follow traffic rules.
- The teacher requested that the students keep quiet during the exam.
- The manager advised the employees to take breaks and stay hydrated during the heatwave.
- The parent instructed the child to brush their teeth before going to bed.
- The judge directed the jury to consider all evidence before reaching a verdict.
- The captain ordered the crew to raise the anchor and set sail.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #6
- Please pass me the salt and pepper.
- Could you please lend me your pen for a moment?
- Open the window, would you?
- Hand me that book, please.
- Please help me carry these bags to the car.
- Would you be so kind as to forward me the email you received?
- Would you kindly send me the report by the end of the day?
More examples coming soon……….
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Chapters Updated 😍😍