Some sentences are spoken to convey a request or a command. Such sentences are known as imperative sentences.
These sentences can either end with a full stop or an exclamation mark (!). It depends on how the sentence is conveyed. Many imperative sentences begin with a verb instead of a noun.
In this post, you will find the top 100+ Examples of Imperative Sentences.
Examples of Imperative Sentences
- Please maintain silence. (request)
- Leave the room now! (command)
- Open the windows and let the air come in. (command)
- Please tell me where the library is. (request)
- Pardon me. (request)
- Cut the cloth according to the measurement. (command)
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #1
- Always speak the truth.
- Obey your elders.
- Serve your nation.
- Show sympathy to the poor.
- Remain steady in your ideal.
- Attend to your studies.
- Please wait a minute.
- Please sit down here.
- Kindly check my health.
- Drive the car slowly.
- Carry out my orders.
- Ask him to come here.
- Count the number of students in the class.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #2
- Do not run in the sun.
- Do not lose patience in danger.
- Do not go there.
- Do not miss this opportunity.
- Do not neglect your studies.
- Do not disturb me.
- Do not give him pain anymore.
- Do not raise your voice.
- Do not do it at once.
- Do not let that man be free.
- Never listen to his words.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #3
- Let us go.
- Let us avail ourselves of the 10.30 train.
- Let him do the work himself.
- Let them mind their own business
- Let us not sleep away the time,
- Let people do their duties.
- Let us have a walk in the fresh air.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #4
- I advised my brother not to run in the sun. Or, I forbade my brother to run in the sun.
- The teacher advised me not to waste time.
- He advised his sons not to quarrel among themselves.
- The man told him not to disturb him (the man).
- Niladri asked Bappa not to run so fast.
- Father forbade me to read so fast.
- The manager of the hall requested the audience not to smoke in the auditorium.
- He advised the fatherless boy not to cry and consoled him with the words that no man lives forever.
- The music director instructed the singer not to start singing until the bell rang.
- The villagers advised the traveller not to enter the forest at night.
- The tired guest requested the host not to offer him cold water.
- Casabianca’s father enjoined upon him not to move from the place till he returned.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #5
- The captive general shouted to his captors to set him free.
- The mentor asked the disciple to wait outside the temple till he called him.
- The lifeguard warned the bathers against going into deep waters.
- The hare proposed to the tortoise that they should run a race.
- The boy wanted to fly the kite.
- The inspector ordered the constable to let the man go.
- Rama suggested that they should arrange a musical party.
- The clergyman suggested that the nations of the world should forget their differences and work together for peace.
- The teacher urged that no one should tell a lie.
- I warned against coming to any conclusions in haste.
- She requested her opponents not to be so impatient.
- The official forbade everyone to speak to that man because he was a traitor.
- The commander-in-chief ordered the soldiers to march forward.
- The master ordered his servant to polish his (master’s) shoes.
- Ratanbabu ordered the man to leave the house at once.
- The teacher told his pupils to go out.
- Mother ordered/urged me to go to school at once.
- Chandranathbabu told his servant to go down to the market and bring some vegetables and fish.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #6
- He requested Sujay to have a cup of tea then.
- Sunilbabu requested Sisirbabu to lend him (Sisirbabu) some money.
- Chandrababu requested me to shut the door.
- The tired guest requested the host to give him (guest) a glass of cold water.
- The policeman requested me to show him my passport.
- Anirban begged/requested Geeta to send him (Anirban) to some cold climate.
- The receptionist requested me to sign the register.
- The unemployed youth requested the magistrate to find some employment for him (unemployed youth).
- The student requested the teacher to explain or show him how to do that sum.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #7
- The elderly gentleman advised the youth to think carefully before he acted.
- Father advised/encouraged (me) to go ahead and apply for the job.
- The teacher advised the students to be selfless.
- I advised my friend to stop taking sleeping pills.
- My friend advised me to lock up my car as there had been a lot of stealing from cars.
- The teacher forbade the boy to spit on the floor.
- Rima advised me to be careful when driving.
- My father warned me against trusting a man who was a habitual liar.
- The Headmaster told us that we should not conceal our ignorance from our teachers.
- Mother urged me to work harder if I wanted to perform better in the annual examination.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #8
- He said that he would have to go (or, he had to go).
- Ramen said that he ought not to delay any longer.
- He said that he must (or, would have to) return before 5 in the afternoon.
- Their mother told the children that they must not play with knives.
- The child asked its mother if it had to drink the entire milk.
- They said that they would have to drive the goat away from the garden.
- Father said that I must work harder for the next examination.
- He told me that if what I had said was true, he must go to the police.
Examples of Imperative Sentence Type #9
- The invigilator urged the examinees to read the questions carefully before answering them.
- Somen said that it might rain that night.
- Suman asked his brother to buy some fruits when marketing.
- My father asked me to close the door lest that beggar should enter the room again.
- The pedestrian requested the policeman to direct him to the nearest station.
- Father advised me not to be late in reaching the examination hall.
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Chapters Updated 😍😍