Conjunctions in English are words used to join sentences, phrases or clauses.
In this post, you will find the top 100+ conjunction words examples.
Coordinating Conjunctions Words
- Cumulative – and, both….and, also, too, as well as, not only….but also, no less than
- Alternative – or, either….or, neither….nor, otherwise, else
- Adversative – but, still, yet, however, nevertheless, only, whereas,
- Illative – so, for, therefore, then
Subordinating Conjunctions Words
- Apposition – that, why, how
- Reason – as, because
- Purpose – that, so that, in order that
- Effect – that
- Condition – if, provided
- Contrast – though, although
- Comparison – as, as much as, no less than
- Manner – as, so far as
- Time – before, after, when
- Place – where, wherever
Conjunction Words Examples
Conjunction Words Examples #1
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
- Rini and Sita went to school.
- The king died and his son ascended the throne.
- He played well and got the prize.
- He got the medicine and left the place.
- They both love and respect this great man.
- Both he and his brother will go.
- He is beautiful and you also.
- She is an idler and a gambler too.
- The boy, as well as the girl, is guilty.
- Dipali as well as her brother is honest.
- The teacher, as well as his students, was invited.
- Men like not only wealth but also social position.
- Tom plays not only the drum but also the flute.
- She was not only accused but also convicted.
- Not only he but his mother also will go there.
- Kamal, no less than his father, is an experienced man.
Conjunction Words Examples #2
- Make haste, or you will be late.
- “Do or die”.
- Read or you will fail.
- I shall go there or they will come here.
- Either she or her parents did this work.
- Either my father or I must go.
- He could neither stand up nor lie down.
- Nina is neither foolish nor ignorant.
- Neither he nor his father was guilty.
- I will not give him this pen, nor even his sister.
- Leave the place, otherwise, you will be caught.
- Do what you are told, otherwise, you will be punished.
- Try hard otherwise, you will fail.
- Run, else you will be late.
Conjunction Words Examples #3
- Tony is poor but honest.
- He is sad but hopeful.
- Pinaki tried hard, but he failed.
- She is learned but very rude.
- I can change but I can not die.
- I would help you, only I am too busy.
- The rich are making merry, whereas the poor are dying of starvation.
- He is rich whereas his brother is poor.
- Tulika is very rich, but still (yet) he is not contented.
- The matter was painful, still, he did not complain.
- He worked hard, still, he failed.
- Everyone opposed me, nevertheless, I did not lose heart.
- He was very much annoyed, however, he kept quiet.
- Everyone was against her; however (nevertheless), she stuck to his point.
- India played well, yet they lost the match.
- Life is full of tears yet none wishes to die.
Conjunction Words Examples #4
- Tapas Sen is a brave man, so he does not feel afraid.
- Rahim was ill, so he could not come to school.
- He tried hard so he could win the game.
- I am not going out, for Rima will come now.
- Piyush was found guilty, therefore he was hanged.
- This man is dishonest, therefore Piyali will not deal with him.
- The air is cool now, for it is raining.
- I see, then, we should start at once.
Conjunction Words Examples #5
- We know that he is honest.
- He said that he would go.
- Tom told us that the train had left the station.
- Tori made a promise that she would return soon.
- I don’t know why she has come.
- I don’t know how she has done this work alone.
Conjunction Words Examples #6
- Rokul deserves the reward because she has worked hard.
- He cannot go out because he is ill.
- As she was ill, she could not come to school.
- As I am ill, I cannot go.
- Since I am ill, I cannot go there.
Conjunction Words Examples #7
- We work so that we may earn a living.
- Men work that (so that) they may earn a living.
- Shut the door so that the child may not go out.
- I study hard so that I may pass the examination.
- Amal took medicine in order that he might get well.
Conjunction Words Examples #8
- Tom talked so much that his voice became hoarse.
- It rained so heavily that paddy could not grow.
- You lie so often that nobody believes you.
Conjunction Words Examples #9
- If you come, we shall go there.
- He will die if he takes poison.
- You will fail unless you work hard.
- Ask him whether he will come tomorrow.
Conjunction Words Examples #10
- Though (Although) she was ill, she did his duties.
- Though he is poor, he is honest.
- Bishal finished first though he began late.
- Although it was cold, the man did not light a fire.
- Although it was hard, he did it.
- Rich as he is, he is not happy.
- The boy will never succeed, however hard he works.
Conjunction Words Examples #11
- This ripe mango is as sweet as honey.
- This mango is not so sweet as honey.
- She is as clever as I (am).
- She likes you as much as I (like you).
- He loves action no less than fiction.
- He is taller than my sister.
- The earth is larger than the moon.
Conjunction Words Examples #12
- Men will reap, as they sow.
- It happened precisely as I told you.
- This is not right, so far as I can find out.
- This is not true, so far as I can see.
Conjunction Words Examples #13
- I shall leave the room as soon as my father returns home.
- She had worked hard before she succeeded.
- The patient had died before the doctor came.
- He came after I had left the place.
- He returned home after he had done office work.
- Alisha came when I was getting ready to go out.
- He came when I was there.
- Rita came here while it was raining.
- Make haste while the sun shines.
- No one can harm us as long as (so long as) we are united.
- Stay as long as you like.
- Mini started as soon as I reached there.
- Wait till the train stops.
- Wait till the train arrives.
- I shall read this book until my father comes back.
- Do not detrain until the train stops.
Conjunction Words Examples #14
- I shall go where he will go.
- You may go where you like.
- I shall find her out wherever she lies.