Conjunctions are words used to join sentences, phrases or clauses.
Conjunctions that join words or phrases
- I need a pen and a pencil.
- I need a pen or a pencil.
- I need not a pen but a pencil.
- I need a pen as well as a pencil of good quality.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #1
- Rini and Sita went to school.
- The king died and his son ascended the throne.
- He played well and got the prize.
- He got the medicine and left the place.
- They both love and respect this great man.
- Both he and his brother will go.
- He is beautiful and you also.
- She is an idler and a gambler too.
- The boy, as well as the girl, is guilty.
- Dipali as well as her brother is honest.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #2
- Make haste, or you will be late.
- “Do or die”.
- Read or you will fail.
- I shall go there or they will come here.
- Either she or her parents did this work.
- Either my father or I must go.
- He could neither stand up nor lie down.
- Nina is neither foolish nor ignorant.
- Neither he nor his father was guilty.
- I will not give him this pen, nor even his sister.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #3
- Tony is poor but honest.
- He is sad but hopeful.
- Pinaki tried hard, but he failed.
- She is learned but very rude.
- I can change but I can not die.
- I would help you, only I am too busy.
- The rich are making merry, whereas the poor are dying of starvation.
- He is rich whereas his brother is poor.
- Tulika is very rich, but still (yet) he is not contented.
- The matter was painful, still, he did not complain.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #4
- Tapas Sen is a brave man, so he does not feel afraid.
- Rahim was ill, so he could not come to school.
- He tried hard so he could win the game.
- I am not going out, for Rima will come now.
- Piyush was found guilty, therefore he was hanged.
- This man is dishonest, therefore Piyali will not deal with him.
- The air is cool now, for it is raining.
- I see, then, we should start at once.
- The PM was in an angry mood hence ministers dared to talk with him.
- The selection team rejected him hence he committed suicide.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #5
- We know that he is honest.
- He said that he would go.
- Tom told us that the train had left the station.
- Tori made a promise that she would return soon.
- I don’t know why she has come.
- I don’t know how she has done this work alone.
- Rokul deserves the reward because she has worked hard.
- He cannot go out because he is ill.
- As she was ill, she could not come to school.
- As I am ill, I cannot go.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #6
- We work so that we may earn a living.
- Men work that (so that) they may earn a living.
- Shut the door so that the child may not go out.
- I study hard so that I may pass the examination.
- Amal took medicine in order that he might get well.
- Tom talked so much that his voice became hoarse.
- It rained so heavily that paddy could not grow.
- You lie so often that nobody believes you.
- If you come, we shall go there.
- He will die if he takes poison.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #7
- Though (Although) she was ill, she did his duties.
- Though he is poor, he is honest.
- Bishal finished first though he began late.
- Although it was cold, the man did not light a fire.
- Although it was hard, he did it.
- Rich as he is, he is not happy.
- The boy will never succeed, however hard he works.
- This ripe mango is as sweet as honey.
- This mango is not so sweet as honey.
- She is as clever as I (am).
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #8
- Men will reap, as they sow.
- It happened precisely as I told you.
- This is not right, so far as I can find out.
- This is not true, so far as I can see.
- She likes you as much as I (like you).
- He loves action no less than fiction.
- He is taller than my sister.
- The earth is larger than the moon.
- I shall leave the room as soon as my father returns home.
- She had worked hard before she succeeded.
10 Examples of Conjunction in a Sentence #9
- The patient had died before the doctor came.
- He came after I had left the place.
- He returned home after he had done office work.
- Alisha came when I was getting ready to go out.
- He came when I was there.
- Rita came here while it was raining.
- Make haste while the sun shines.
- No one can harm us as long as (so long as) we are united.
- Stay as long as you like.
- Mini started as soon as I reached there.