The Comparative degree is used when a comparison is intended between two persons or things in respect of some quality.
For example – Lisa is taller than Alisha. Health is better than wealth.
In this post, you will find the top 50 Quality Examples of Comparative degree.
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
Examples of Comparative Degree
The followings are some important examples of Comparative degree.
- My car is faster than yours.
- This jacket is warmer than that one.
- She is taller than her sister.
- The new phone is more expensive than the old one.
- The coffee at this cafe is better than at the other one.
- His handwriting is neater than mine.
- The blue dress looks prettier than the red one.
- This restaurant is busier than the one across the street.
- The water in the lake is colder than in the pool.
- She is happier now than she was before.
- The traffic in the city is worse than in the suburbs.
- The red car is more eye-catching than the grey one.
- The chocolate cake tastes sweeter than the vanilla one.
- The weather today is nicer than yesterday.
- His apartment is larger than mine.
- The movie was more exciting than I expected.
- This pen writes smoother than that one.
- Her hair is longer than his.
- The blue sky is clearer than the cloudy one.
- The music is louder than before.
- The new book is more interesting than the old one.
- His voice is deeper than hers.
- The orange juice is more refreshing than the soda.
- The novel is more thought-provoking than the memoir.
- The flowers in the garden are more colourful than the ones in the vase.
- The sun is brighter than the moon.
- The coffee at this shop is stronger than the one at the other shop.
- The pizza here is tastier than at the other place.
- The shirt is softer than the sweater.
- The snow in the mountains is whiter than the one in the city.
- The water in the river is cleaner than in the lake.
- The movie is scarier than I anticipated.
- The lemonade is more sour than sweet.
- The building is taller than the tree.
- The new employee is more efficient than the old one.
- The dessert is more decadent than the appetizer.
- The city is more diverse than the countryside.
- The presentation is more engaging than the lecture.
- The shirt is cheaper than the jacket.
- The flight is shorter than the train ride.
- The mountain is steeper than the hill.
- The new phone is more advanced than the old one.
- The coffee is hotter than the tea.
- The movie is longer than I thought it would be.
- The sauce is spicier than the dip.
- The blue whale is larger than any other mammal.
- The building is more modern than the one next to it.
- The river is wider than the creek.
- The concert is louder than the play.
- The fruit is juicier than the vegetable.
- The hotel is more luxurious than the motel.
- The new employee is more punctual than the old one.
- The ocean is deeper than the lake.
- The movie is more emotional than I expected.
- The ride is faster than the walk.
- The fabric is smoother than the paper.
- The city is livelier than the suburb.
- The dress is more elegant than the skirt.
- Health is better than wealth.
- Lisa is taller than Alisha.
- John is taller than his brother.
- The exam was more difficult than I expected.
More Examples of Comparative Degree Coming Soon……….
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍