The study of the verb’s relationship to its subject and object is known as the voice in English Grammar. A sentence can use active or passive voice.
In this post, we have added the top 100+ Voice Change Exercises with Answers.
Understanding Voice Change With Example
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
Active voice: The chef cooked the food.
Passive Voice: The food was cooked by the chef.
In active voice sentences, “the chef” is the subject performing the action of cooking the food. In passive voice sentences, “the food” is the subject receiving the action of cooking, while “chef” is still referred to as the agent performing the action.
Voice Change Exercises with Answers
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #1
- The teacher graded the exams. (Active Voice)
- The chef cooked a delicious meal. (Active Voice)
- The doctor treated the patient. (Active Voice)
- The postman delivers the mail. (Active Voice)
- A new product was launched by the company. (Passive Voice)
- The cat was chased by the dog. (Passive Voice)
- A beautiful landscape was painted by the artist. (Passive Voice)
- A concert was performed by the singer. (Passive Voice)
- The construction workers built the skyscraper. (Active Voice)
- The gardener planted the flowers. (Active Voice)
- The exams were graded by the teacher. (Passive Voice)
- A delicious meal was cooked by the chef. (Passive Voice)
- The patient was treated by the doctor. (Passive Voice)
- The mail is delivered by the postman. (Passive Voice)
- The company launched a new product. (Active Voice)
- The dog chased the cat. (Active Voice)
- The artist painted a beautiful landscape. (Active Voice)
- The singer performed a concert. (Active Voice)
- The skyscraper was built by the construction workers. (Passive Voice)
- The flowers were planted by the gardener. (Passive Voice)
Also, Read Active Voice Examples
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #2
- I am not going to work today.
- He has been teaching English for ten years.
- When are you going to buy a car?
- Who taught you the active and passive sentences?
- She had cleaned the kitchen.
- We will have eaten dinner by the time you get there.
- People speak English in the USA.
- Would you rather learn English or French?
- You must not come late to class.
- She has to pass the test.
- Not change.
- English has been taught by him for ten years.
- When is a car going to be bought by you?
- By whom were you taught the active and passive sentences?
- The kitchen had been cleaned.
- Dinner will have been eaten by the time you get there.
- English is spoken in the USA.
- Would English or French rather be learned by you?
- You are ordered not to come late to class.
- The test has to be passed by her.
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #3
- She writes a letter.
- They go to school every day.
- He doesn`t paint the wall.
- Did the mechanic fix your bike?
- You should do your homework.
- Don`t talk so loudly.
- They are painting their house.
- We have drunk the Darjeeling tea.
- Will you watch TV tonight?
- A letter is written by her.
- Not Change.
- The wall isn’t painted by him.
- Was your bike fixed by the mechanic?
- Your homework should be done by you.
- Intransitive verb (talk)
- Their house is being painted.
- The Darjeeling tea has been drunk.
- Will TV be watched by you?
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #4
- The explosion had killed hundreds of people.
- I have never been to New York.
- I will have written a poem by the time you call me.
- The heavy storm damaged a lot of crops in Maharashtra.
- I was playing kabaddi yesterday.
- Could you help me, please?
- Who can answer my question?
- Will Olivia have been watering the garden?
- Lisa is helping me solve the voice change exercises.
- Hundreds of people had been killed by the explosion.
- No change.
- A poem will have been written by me by the time you call me.
- A lot of crops were damaged by the heavy rain in Maharashtra.
- Kabaddi was being played yesterday by me.
- Could I be helped, please?
- By whom my answer can be answered?
- No change.
- I am being helped by Lisa to solve the voice change exercises.
Also, Read Passive Voice Examples
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #5
- Who wrote this essay?
- Who will call him?
- Who painted this beautiful painting?
- Who invited you?
- Who can break Ronaldo’s record?
- Who has the principal honoured?
- Who has the police arrested?
- Who have the people elected?
- Who have the selectors selected?
- Who has she called?
- By whom was this essay written?
2. By whom will he be called?
3. By whom was this beautiful painting painted?
4. By whom are you invited?
5. By whom can Ronaldo’s record be broken?
6. Who has been honoured by the principal?
7. Who has been arrested by the police?
8. Who has been elected by the people?
9. Who has been selected by the selectors?
10. Who has been called by her?
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #6
- Active: The chef is preparing the food.
- Passive: The food is being prepared by the chef.
- Active: The teacher assigned the homework.
- Passive: The homework was assigned by the teacher.
- Active: The company released a brilliant product.
- Passive: A brilliant product was released by the company.
- Active: The police arrested the suspect.
- Passive: The suspect was arrested by the police.
- Active: The doctor performed the surgery.
- Passive: The surgery was performed by the doctor.
- Active: The writer is publishing a new book.
- Passive: A new book is being published by the writer.
- Active: The construction workers are building a new house.
- Passive: A new house is being built by the construction workers.
- Active: The government is launching a new program.
- Passive: A new program is being launched by the government.
- Active: The company awarded the contract to a new vendor.
- Passive: The contract was awarded to a new vendor by the company.
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #7
- Lisa sings lovely songs.
- We did not grow paddy.
- What do you want?
- They will run a race.
- Tom is building a house.
- I was writing a letter.
- Someone has stolen my watch.
- She had finished her work.
- People will admire him.
- Did no one help you?
- Lovely songs are sung by Lisa.
- Paddy was not grown by us.
- What is wanted by you?
- A race will be run by them.
- A house is being built by Tom.
- A letter was being written by me.
- My watch has been stolen. (by someone)
- Her work had been finished by her.
- He will be admired (by people).
- Were you not helped (by anyone)?
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #8
- I kept my promise.
- She spoke the truth.
- We did not tell a lie.
- She kept me waiting.
- He offered her a cup of tea.
- Somebody stole my purse yesterday.
- Did you break my slate?
- Where did you find my wallet?
- Who painted the beautiful walls?
- My promise was kept by me.
- The truth was spoken by her.
- A lie was not told by us.
- I was kept waiting by her.
- She was offered a cup of tea by him.
- My purse was stolen yesterday.
- Was my slate broken by you?
- Where was my wallet found by you?
- By whom were the beautiful walls painted?
Active and Passive Voice Worksheets with Answers #9
- She can help you.
- He could solve this sum.
- May I use your pencil?
- He might reject your plan.
- We should not violate the rules.
- You ought to serve your parents.
- He would receive you at the market.
- You must help the poor.
- You can be helped by her.
- This sum could be solved by him.
- May your pencil be used by me?
- Your plan might be rejected by him.
- The rules should not be violated by us.
- Your parents ought to be served by you.
- You would be received by him at the market.
- The poor must be helped by you.
Voice Change Exercises with Answers #10
- Let us play tennis.
- Let her do it.
- Let him have the book.
- Let them watch a film.
- Let us repair it.
- Do it.
- Open the window.
- Obey your parents.
- Switch on the light.
- Never waste time.
- Let tennis be played by us.
- Let it be done by her.
- Let the book be had by him.
- Let a film be watched by them.
- Let it be repaired by us.
- Let it be done.
- Let the window be opened.
- Let your parents be obeyed.
- Let the light be switched on.
- Let time be never wasted.
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍