Coordinating Conjunctions are used to connect sentences, phrases or clauses of equal rank.
The acronym FANBOYS stands for the seven primary coordinating conjunctions used in English.
FANBOYS Conjunctions with examples are discussed below…
- F: for – I am not going out, for Lisa will come now. The air is cool now, for it is raining.
- A: and – He is beautiful and you also. He played well and got the prize. He got the medicine and left the place. Both he and his brother will go.
- N: nor – I will not give him this pen, nor even his sister. John did not complete his homework, nor did he pass the test.
- B: but – Tony is poor but honest. He is sad but hopeful. She is learned but very rude. I can change but I can not die.
- O: or – Make haste, or you will be late. Read or you will fail. I shall go there or they will come here. “Do or die”.
- Y: yet – The USA played well, yet they lost the match. Life is full of tears yet none wishes to die.
- S: so – John Sena is a brave man, so he does not feel afraid. He tried hard so he could win the game. David was ill, so he could not come to school.
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
Copyright Notice:📚 Teachers and students are granted permission to use, reproduce, and distribute this content solely for educational and non-commercial purposes. 🚫 Unauthorized copying, distribution, or reproduction for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Any infringement may result in legal action.