Conjunctions are words used to join sentences, phrases or clauses.
Following are some important Conjunctions with Examples.
Conjunctions with Examples
Cumulative Conjunctions with Examples
and, both….and, also, too, as well as, not only….but also, no less than
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
- The restaurant serves not only delicious food but also excellent service.
- He is a great football player as well as a talented musician.
- Not only did they travel to Europe but also visited many countries.
- She is a fast runner as well as a skilled swimmer.
- No less than his friend, he has a sharp memory.
- Both the coffee and the tea taste good.
- The teacher, as well as the students, enjoyed the field trip.
Alternative Conjunctions with Examples
or, either….or, neither….nor, otherwise, else
- You can either watch a movie or read a book tonight.
- “Do or die”.
- You can either go to the beach or go hiking this weekend.
- She is neither tall nor short, just average height.
- You can either wear a dress or pants to the party.
- Study hard, otherwise, you will not pass the exam.
- Would you like coffee or tea with your breakfast?
- You can take the bus or the train to get to the city.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs as pets?
Adversative Conjunctions with Examples
but, still, yet, however, nevertheless, only, whereas
- He studied hard, yet he failed the exam.
- The road was blocked, still, we managed to reach on time.
- The weather was bad, yet we decided to go on the hike.
- I don’t have much experience, only I have the enthusiasm to learn.
- She is very talented, yet she doesn’t have a job.
- I really wanted to buy that dress, but it was too expensive.
- She is very intelligent, but she can be quite forgetful.
- The hotel had great amenities, yet the service was terrible.
Illative Conjunctions with Examples
so, for, therefore, then
- I need to save money, therefore I’m going to stop eating out.
- The sun was shining, so we decided to go for a walk.
- The car broke down, then we had to call for help.
- She’s very busy, so she doesn’t have time for a social life.
- I forgot my phone at home, therefore I couldn’t call for a ride.
- He has a lot of experience, so he’s a great mentor.
- We need more volunteers, for there is so much work to be done.
- The traffic was terrible, so we took a different route.
Apposition Conjunctions with Examples
– that, why, how
- We know that he is honest.
- Tom told us that the train had left the station.
- He’s so confident that he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to.
- I wonder why she hasn’t responded to my email yet.
- He explained why he was late for the appointment.
- She told me how she managed to finish the project on time.
- I’m impressed by how quickly she learned to play the guitar.
- Tori made a promise that she would return soon.
Conjunctions of Reasons With Examples
– as, because, since
- We’re going to the beach as it’s a beautiful day outside.
- Since the store was closed, we had to find a different place to buy groceries.
- We can’t go to the concert as we don’t have tickets.
- Because it’s raining, we’re staying inside today.
- As we have a lot of work to do, we need to start early.
- Since she’s allergic to nuts, she can’t eat peanut butter.
Conjunctions of Purpose With Examples
– that, so that, in order that
- She saved up her money so that she could buy a new car.
- We need to finish this project today so that we can meet the deadline.
- The teacher gave us extra homework so that we could practice more.
- In order that the food doesn’t spoil, we need to put it in the refrigerator.
- I’m taking this course so that I can improve my writing skills.
Conjunctions of Effects With Examples
- Tom talked so much that his voice became hoarse.
- The car was so old that it broke down on the way to the destination.
- The storm was so strong that it knocked down several trees.
- The athlete trained so hard that he broke the world record.
Condition Conjunctions with Examples
– if, provided, unless, whether
- If it rains, we will stay indoors.
- Unless you apologize, I won’t forgive you.
- He won’t be able to attend the meeting if he doesn’t finish his work on time.
- If we hurry, we can catch the last train.
- Unless you start exercising, your health will suffer.
Contrast Conjunctions with Examples
– though, although
- Although she was ill, she did his duties.
- Although he was tired, he decided to finish the work.
- Though he was warned, he took the risk.
- However, he is very talented, he lacks confidence in his abilities.
- Although the restaurant was expensive, the food was not up to the mark.
- Though he was young, he had a lot of responsibility.
Comparison Conjunctions with Examples
– as, as much as, no less than
- This mango is not as sweet as honey.
- She is as generous as she is kind.
- He knows as much about history as he does about science.
- She sings as beautifully as a songbird.
- He loves action no less than fiction.
- He is taller than my sister.
Conjunctions of Manner With Examples
– as, so far as
- Men will reap, as they sow.
- It happened precisely as I told you.
- This is not right, so far as I can find out.
- This is not true, so far as I can see.
Time Conjunctions with Examples
– before, after, when
- The patient had died before the doctor came.
- He came after I had left the place.
- He returned home after he had done office work.
- Alisha came when I was getting ready to go out.
- As soon as I wake up, I brush my teeth.
- As long as the weather is nice, I enjoy taking walks outside.
- Before we start the meeting, let’s take a few minutes to review the agenda.
- Make haste while the sun shines.
- No one can harm us as long as we are united.
- Stay as long as you like.
Conjunctions of Place With Examples
– where, wherever
- I’ll go wherever he goes.
- You can stay wherever you like.
- She’ll find her way wherever she is.
- You can sit wherever you want in the theatre.
- He’ll be happy living wherever he ends up.
- You can park your car wherever there is a free spot.
More Conjunctions with Examples Coming Soon……………..
You Asked, We Listened – List of All Grammar Topics Updated 😍😍
Copyright Notice:📚 Teachers and students are granted permission to use, reproduce, and distribute this content solely for educational and non-commercial purposes. 🚫 Unauthorized copying, distribution, or reproduction for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Any infringement may result in legal action.