A noun phrase is a group of words that function as nouns. It can be a subject or object/complement of a verb.
In this post, we present you the top 100+ important sentences with noun phrases.
Sentences with Noun Phrases
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 1
When a Noun Phrase is formed by adding ‘and‘ between two Nouns
- Food and water are essential for human survival.
- The company is experiencing a shortage of employees and funds.
- Strength and endurance are required to complete this challenge.
- Light and shadow play key roles in photography.
- The museum houses a collection of art and artefacts from around the world.
- The relationship between teachers and students is important for academic success.
- The balance between work and play is crucial for a healthy lifestyle.
- Honesty and integrity are valued traits in any profession.
- The concert features a variety of music and dance performances.
- Health and wellness are becoming increasingly important in today’s society.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 2
When a Preposition sits between two Nouns to form a Noun Phrase
- The doctor gave a diagnosis of pneumonia to the patient.
- The politician has a reputation for honesty.
- The student received a grade of A on her paper.
- The company is looking for a candidate with experience in marketing.
- The author wrote a book on the topic of environmentalism.
- The musician composed a song about the theme of love.
- The teacher gave a lecture on the subject of history.
- The company is seeking candidates with knowledge of computer programming.
- The child has a fascination with the world of insects.
- The artist created a painting of the scenery of the countryside.
- The doctor prescribed treatment for the illness of the patient.
- The chef added a dash of spices for the flavour of the dish.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 3
When two Nouns are placed side by side to form a Noun Phrase
Daily Grammar Test - Attempt Now
- The computer screen is cracked.
- His office desk is cluttered.
- The baby’s diaper is dirty.
- She wore a silk dress.
- The new car has leather seats.
- The kitchen table is made of oak.
- The dog’s leash is too short.
- The movie theatre is crowded.
- The beach sand is hot.
- The park bench is broken.
- The city streets are busy.
- The hotel room is spacious.
- The mountain trail is steep.
- The ice cream cone is melting.
- The flower garden is blooming.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 4
When an Adjective or Participle is placed before a Noun to form a Noun Phrase:
Copyright Notice:📚 Teachers and students are granted permission to use, reproduce, and distribute this content solely for educational and non-commercial purposes. 🚫 Unauthorized copying, distribution, or reproduction for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Any infringement may result in legal action.
- The raging storm caused widespread destruction.
- The howling wind kept us awake all night.
- The fallen leaves covered the ground.
- The shining stars lit up the night sky.
- The melting snow revealed the green grass beneath.
- The roaring lion scared away its prey.
- The rustling leaves alerted the squirrel.
- The chirping birds woke us up in the morning.
- The racing car broke the speed record.
- Horses live in dark stables.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 5
When Noun Phrase is started with an Infinite Verb
- He likes to eat sweets.
- The best way to learn a new language
- He likes to command others.
- My goal is to save enough money.
- I tried to get the sum right.
- To stand first is my ambition.
- His hobby is to collect rare coins.
- To rise early is good for health.
Note: In these examples, Phrases with Infinite Verbs are used as Objects or Subjects of the Main Verb.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Type 6
When a Noun Phrase is made with a Gerund:
- I enjoy playing cricket.
- Painting landscapes is a great way to unwind.
- Writing poetry can be a form of therapy.
- Baking cookies is a fun activity for the whole family.
- Playing video games can help relieve stress.
- I like seeing people happy.
- Taking photographs is a great way to capture memories.
- Playing musical instruments is a great way to express yourself.
- Cooking meals from scratch is a healthier option than eating out.
Sentences with Noun Phrases #Miscellaneous
- The tall, green trees in the forest provide shade on a hot day.
- The glass half full is a more positive way to look at things.
- The sound of music is soothing to the soul.
- The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is just a myth.
- The idea of travelling to space excites me.
- A group of students are studying in the library.
- Making a cake from scratch takes time and effort.
- The decision to move to a new city is a big one.
- The thought of starting a business is daunting but exciting.
- The prospect of winning the lottery is unlikely but exciting.
- A herd of cattle is grazing in the meadow.
- A collection of antique cars is on display at the museum.
- I enjoy reading mystery novels.
- He hates eating vegetables.
- She loves watching romantic comedies.
- They dislike studying for exams.
- He is considering taking a vacation.
- They are considering adopting a dog.
- He has started taking yoga classes.
- She needs to buy a new phone.
- They enjoy hiking in the mountains.
- She has decided to quit her job.
- The movie was a huge success.
- The cake tastes delicious.
- The weather seems nice today.
- The concert was a complete disaster.
- The painting looks beautiful in this light.
- The news was a shock to everyone.
- The cookies taste too sweet.
- The novel seems like a good read.
- The water feels cold.
- The car looks brand new after the wash.
- They named him the winner of the contest.
- The judge declared him guilty of the crime.
- We elected her president of the organization.
- The company appointed him as director of the department.
- They made him captain of the club.
- We elected him chairman of the board.
- She considers him a good friend.
- The fact that she had forgotten her keys was a major inconvenience.
- A swarm of bees is buzzing around the flowers in the garden.